Friday 28 July 2023

Welcome to Caker Cooking!

Do you like casseroles? Is Cream of Mushroom soup a vegetable in your world? Do you consider JELL-O a side dish? Then this site is for you!

Although my arteries forced me to stop blogging at the end of 2014, there’s lots for you to explore on the site, including over 250 recipes from over 60 community and church cookbooks. Some recipes are delicious. And some are…well, let’s just say the journey is always interesting. And beige. Very, very beige.

I still post occasionally if I feel the world needs it. (Mind you, I'm not asking the world if it agrees.) But sometimes, a good casserole can turn a bad day around. 

I'm always happy to respond to comments or questions. I hope you enjoy your visit. Happy (caker) cooking!

Brian

5 comments:

  1. I was telling my close friend about your blog this week as we discussed various recipes that rely heavily on ritz crackers and was so excited that you have posted recently!

    I’d get you something but we’ve never met. Instead, here’s this bomb ritz tort recipe.

    https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/ritz-torte/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling a close friend of mine about your blog when I was sharing our mutual love of recipes that rely heavily on ritz crackers. I was so happy that you’ve posted recently. Welcome back! Here’s this bomb ritz tort recipe I found,

    https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/ritz-torte/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that recipe! It just goes to prove that there isn't anything in life you can't make with Ritz Crackers. Or saltines for that matter.

      Delete
  3. I need to tell you that I made tang pie with raspberry tang and it was amazing. Also I found grape tang. It loosk like that food goop they eat in the movie Hook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I don't think I've ever see Raspberry Tang before. Now I have something new to hunt for when I go grocery shopping.

      Delete