Friday 9 August 2013

Crakers



A couple of weeks ago, a work colleague brought in something called a “cronut,” a cross between a donut and a croissant. Apparently they’re all the rage in NYC and people line up all day to get one. It was tasty, but not worth four hours of staring at the back of a stranger’s head.

Then, the other day, someone gave me a “crookie.” It’s a croissant stuffed with Oreo cookies. They’re selling them at a fancy bakeshop here in Toronto. Apparently, everyone’s going nutso for these, too.

“Goldarn it,” I thought. “Why am I sitting here, letting all these non-cakers get rich?”

So I bought some Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough and some (no-name) Oreos, threw them together and called it a “craker.” Tomorrow morning, I’m setting up my card table on the front lawn and selling them with a cup of Taster’s Choice for only two bucks! Mother is polishing her toonie as I write this.

While I should guard this recipe, I’ll share it with you. Just don’t set up shop across the street or I’ll be real mad.

Take a can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and unroll them. Crush up some Oreos, eat half of them, then put some cookies at the large end of dough and roll them up. Bake according to package directions. When you take them out of the oven, cut a small slit at the top and insert an Oreo piece. Then get rich.


Mmm. Don't they look all good-like inside?







Why not store them in a caker baker cereal box container?









Source: Me 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my god. My kids would eat those so fast. I can't even tell you. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crakers are packed with vitamins and minerals. So you have nothing to feel guilty about. Serve them to your kids morning, noon and night.

      Delete
  2. Goldarn, you are going all fancy on me! I can't keep up with all of this. First the fashion, now you've created your own fancy recipe, the crookie. I'd heard of the Cronut and the line - ups in New York.

    This is so fabulous I'm going to cook up some crookies tomorrow because I'm hitting the BBQ Circuit in the evening. I'll bet I'm going to be very popular thanks to the Crookies!

    Best of luck with your sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck at your BBQ tomorrow night. I usually bring a bottle of Blue Curacao. That usually puts me in everyone's good books.

      Delete
  3. And here's me baking organic, heirloom grain muffins (truth)for my Monday morning meeting. What am I thinking? I'm off to W-Mart to pick up the necessaries. Two ingredients-it does not get any better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't an heirloom something old you pass from one generation to the next? Like a quilt or a lock of hair? If that's the case, I'm not sure how good those muffins are going to taste.

      Delete
  4. Genius! I assume they tasted as good as they looked?
    I think you should start a regular feature--Stuff You Can Cram in a Pillsbury Crescent Roll. Just think of the possibilities: Cheese (or Cheez)! Bacon! Nutella! Liverwurst! The mind boggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say the Oreos were the best part. The bun part, meh. But hey, you could put dryer lint in a crescent roll and I'd probably eat it. So long as it's served with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

      Delete
    2. A Canadian two dollar coin. As opposed to a one dollar coin. We call that a loonie. See how sophisticated we Canadians are?

      Delete