Sunday 22 January 2012

Homemade Hostess Cupcakes



If you're anything like me, you spent most of your youth inhaling King Dongs, Twinkies and Hostess cupcakes. When I came across this recipe recently, I passed it along to my sister. She whipped up a batch (thanks, sis!) and served them at our family dinner tonight.

Everyone had two. Enough said. You can find the recipe here.

Now if only I had a homemade Twinkie recipe...

UPDATE: I made these and they ain't caker. They took over 2 hours to make!! If you can't make it in less than 15 minutes, that's breaking a fundamental rule of caker cooking. But they were tasty.

PS: Thanks to Morag for the photo!

2 comments:

  1. If you can find a recipe for those ones that were cake on the bottom with a round blob of caramel on top, all dipped in chocolate.....I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. I believe you're referring to Ah, Caramels. I think they're made by Vachon. And yes, they're delicious. If I ever come across a recipe for them, I'll definitely share it.

    ReplyDelete